Winter has arrived!
Information pertaining to school closings due to inclement weather follow:
The final decision for a change in normal operations on inclement weather days is made by the superintendent. You will receive notification by 5:30 a.m. Exceptions may occur on days when weather or road conditions change rapidly during the morning hours.
School officials consult several sources to evaluate road conditions throughout the county. While many the main roadways might be clear, officials also have to evaluate back roads to determine their condition. Please know that the safety of students and staff is the number one priority when the decision is made whether to close schools.
Parents are encouraged to use their judgment to determine what is best for their children. Parents and guardians should notify their children’s school of the excused absence.
School Closing, Early Dismissal & Delayed Start
- School Closing information will be announced/posted as soon as the decision is made not to hold school.
- Early Dismissal information will also be posted and announced that includes the time school will be dismissed.
- Delayed Start days will begin at 10:00 AM. Bus pick up times will be approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes later than normal times.
All of the above information will be announced on or posted to the following media sources:
- Posted on Twitter @jerseycusdno100.
- Posted on the District homepage (http://www.jersey100.org).
- Announced through the Skylert System.
- Recorded on the Telephone Information System Toll Free: 877-30-LEARN (877-305-3276).
- Posted on local radio and TV stations under school closings.
Please ensure that your contact information is up to date in Skyward Family Access so you are receiving the latest information pertaining to your child's school.
On days when school is in session but conditions deteriorate over the course of the day, a decision about whether to continue after-school activities will be made at the district level in the early afternoon. That information is shared through various communication channels. Please note, however, that schools may also make local decisions about activities at their school, so it's always a good idea to stay tuned into announcements throughout the afternoon.